Our Recent Posts


No tags yet.

How to Start a Nutrition Private Practice - Part 1

If you're wanting to start a nutrition private practice and wondering "where do I even begin? what if I miss a step? what order should things be done in?" then this post is written for you.

I spent over 6 months researching, consulting, and learning about every detail of starting a private practice as a registered dietitian. There are great resources already out there, and my hope is this will expand on those.

So, let's get started: HOW TO START A PRIVATE PRACTICE, as a registered dietitian.

STEP 1: Create a business name

The name should reflect your services. If you plan to expand your scope or team, make sure the name accounts for that. First things first, make sure the name is not already taken. Check these sources:

  1. Google Search

  2. Secretary of State